Cal Poly State University San Luis Obispo, BA in Communication Studies (2009)
Writing and Personal Training / Coaching Experience
- MESSFIT – 1/2012- present.
- Fitness writer for Demand Studios: Pen Name: Ryan Mess. 9/2013-present?
- Instagram: @rybernkaut
- Twitter: @rybernkaut
- YouTube: rybernkaut
- Website: messfit.com
- Director of Training at CrossFit Huntington Beach 08/2010 – 10/01/2011.
- Level 1 Accredited and Certified, Westside Barbell Powerlifting Certified.
- Long Beach State Rugby Strength and Conditioning Coach. 2010
- Cotton On – USA Warehouse worker – Lead replenishment and distributions. (2009).
- On Board Entertainment: Nike+ Human Race Annual 10K and Charity Event. Position: Marketing Intern. (Summer 2008)
- Promoted the Nike+ Human Race as part of the ESPYS, X-Games, OK GO promotional video, and Long Beach AVP with an intern team in Human Race sprinter track singlets.
- Supervised and coordinated events in the VIP runner section of the event.
Activities and Awards
- California’s Strongest Man 2012 2nd place 200lb weight class.(2012)
- California State Powerlifting Championships USPA 3rd place 198lb class.(2012)
- Beach Cities Strongest Man 2012 4th place Heavyweight division (at 180lbs bwt). (2012)
- Southern California Griffins All-Stars Rugby 7s team captain (2009)
- USA Rugby 7s top 50 Prospects. (2009)
- Cal Poly San Luis Obispo Rugby Team (2006-2009)
- Captain (2008-2009)
- Disciplinary Committee (2008-2009)
- Belmont Shore Tigers 7’s Rugby (2007-2010)
National Champions 2009, #2 in the Nation in 2008, #2 in the Nation 2010.
High School – Long Beach Wilson High School 2001/2 – 2004/5
- Varsity Baseball (2003-2005)(1st Team All Moore League 2005)
- NHS/CSF (2004-2005)
- Distinguished Scholars (2001-2005)
- First Team All Moore League Baseball (2005)