KPJ 3 6/5/17
I am currently in the midst of a a friendly bet with two of my homies. I am attempting to cut weight down to 155# (20 lbs total) and hold that weight before my friend cuts to 195# (20 lbs total) and holds that weight.
For a while, I was just limiting my rice intake. But for 5 days now I cut out rice completely and the effects are dramatic and immediate. Due to a few factors, mostly my IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) my diet would be considered extreme by most people. Right now, I’m eating breakfast every other day. Breakfast is typically Wild Planet yellowtail in extra virgin olive oil or sardines in extra virgin olive oil. I have a Kombucha every morning, along with water.
For dinner, I am having 8 plain burger patties from in n out somewhere around 9-10:30pm and 1-2.5 quest bars shortly thereafter.
My water intake is between 70 and 100 ounces of water per day.
Cal Poly State University San Luis Obispo, BA in Communication Studies (2009)
Writing and Personal Training / Coaching Experience
- Owner MESSFIT – 1/2012- present.
- Fitness writer for Demand Studios: Pen Name: Ryan Mess. 9/2013-present.
- Instagram: @rybernkaut
- Twitter: @rybernkaut
- YouTube: rybernkaut
- Website: messfit.com
- Director of Training at CrossFit Huntington Beach 08/2010 – 10/01/2011.
- Level 1 Accredited and Certified, Westside Barbell Powerlifting Certified.
- Long Beach State Rugby Strength and Conditioning Coach. 2010
- Cotton On – USA Warehouse worker – Lead replenishment and distributions. (2009).
- On Board Entertainment: Nike+ Human Race Annual 10K and Charity Event. Position: Marketing Intern. (Summer 2008)
- Promoted the Nike+ Human Race as part of the ESPYS, X-Games, OK GO promotional video, and Long Beach AVP with an intern team in Human Race sprinter track singlets.
- Supervised and coordinated events in the VIP runner section of the event.
Activities and Awards
- California’s Strongest Man 2012 2nd place 200lb weight class.(2012)
- California State Powerlifting Championships USPA 3rd place 198lb class.(2012)
- Beach Cities Strongest Man 2012 4th place Heavyweight division (at 180lbs bwt). (2012)
- Southern California Griffins All-Stars Rugby 7s team captain (2009)
- USA Rugby 7s top 50 Prospects. (2009)
- Cal Poly San Luis Obispo Rugby Team (2006-2009)
- Captain (2008-2009)
- Disciplinary Committee (2008-2009)
- Belmont Shore Tigers 7’s Rugby (2007-2010)
National Champions 2009, #2 in the Nation in 2008, #2 in the Nation 2010.
High School – Long Beach Wilson High School 2001/2 – 2004/5
- Varsity Baseball (2003-2005)(1st Team All Moore League 2005)
- NHS/CSF (2004-2005)
- Distinguished Scholars (2001-2005)
- First Team All Moore League Baseball (2005)